Monday, December 11: Grade 7 lunch-time band, Grade 8 Percussion rehearsal from 12:55-1:15 pm
Tuesday, December 12: Grade 9 early am band, Jazz Band rehearsal from 12:35-1:15 pm
Wednesday, December 13: Grade 8 early am band, Grade 8 Percussion rehearsal from 12:55-1:15
*Thursday, December 14th: Grade 9 early am band is canceled. All band students will have final rehearsals during the school day (see below):
Thursday, December 14th (DAY 4)
Period 1: Grade 7 Full band rehearsal
Period 2: Grade 9 Full band rehearsal/MC rehearsal
Period 3: Grade 8-9 Jazz Band Rehearsal
Period 4: Grade 8 Full band rehearsal
Period 5: Grade 9 Jazz band members will assist with set-up in the gym
Period 6: All band students should be in regular classes. Chairs will come to the gym towards the end of the period.
There will be a very important jazz band rehearsal tomorrow (Friday) from 2:05-4:00 p.m.
All Jazz band students are expected to attend. Students who are not able to stay until 4:00 p.m. will be asked to please provide Mrs. Peters with a note or an e-mail from a parent or guardian.
The annual Stonepark Christmas concert will be held on Thursday, December 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the Stonepark gymnasium. This concert will feature the Stonepark Grade7, 8, and 9 concert bands, as well as the Stonepark Jazz band and a vocal ensemble.
Stonepark students are asked to arrive at school in uniform by 6:30 p.m. Detailed information about the Stonepark band uniform can be found here on the blog (see menu above). Students who wish to wear a Santa hat for this performance are encouraged to do so!
Upon arrival, grade 7, 8 and 9 students will gather in the cafeteria until it is their turn to move to the gym. Students are asked to please bring home anything they might need from their lockers at the end of the day on Thursday so that accessing the classroom hallways and lockers will not be necessary on Thursday evening.
Admission is by donation at the door ($5/family is suggested) with all of the proceeds going to support families in the Stonepark community who are in need of some extra help during the holiday season.
The Grade 9 leadership students will be holding a bake sale following the concert. All of the proceeds from the sale will also be donated to help our Christmas families. Band students who would like to contribute items to the bake sale table are welcome to do so. Please bring along some extra cash so that you can buy some treats while supporting a good cause!
The students have been working hard to prepare this holiday program and we look forward to seeing you at the concert on the 14th!
Thank you to the band parents and band students who helped out with the cookie dough pick up today! We started with three tables full of boxes and we are down to one!
I will be here until 5:00 so please drop by soon to pick up your dough:)
- The QSP cookie dough and the gift items will be delivered to Stonepark in the
afternoon tomorrow, Thursday, November 30th. The delivery truck is scheduled to arrive at 1:00 p.m. All orders must be picked up tomorrow as we do not have the capacity to store frozen products at school.
- Students who sold just a few items may choose to carry their orders home on the bus. A reusable shopping bag from home might be helpful. Students taking orders home on the bus will be called to the cafeteria at the end of period 6.
- All other students should arrange to pick up their orders between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. The cookie dough should be delivered to customers right away so that it can be placed in a refrigerator or freezer.
2. There will be a jazz band rehearsal during period 6 on Friday. We are preparing for the Christmas concert on December 14th, so attendance is very important.
3. There will be a Grade 9 Honors Band rehearsal after school on Friday from 3:10-4:15 p.m.
4. Grade 9 early am band is canceled for tomorrow. Grade 9 early a.m. band will be held on Friday this week due to the number of band students will will be attending “WE DAY” in Halifax on Thursday.
The QSP cookie dough and the gift items will be delivered to Stonepark in the afternoon on Thursday, November 30th. The delivery truck is scheduled to arrive at 1:00 p.m.. Please refer to the November 23rd blog post for more details.
We could still use one or two more parent volunteers to help organize the boxes when they arrive. If you are able to help with this task from 1:00-3:00 p.m., please contact Mrs. Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Please note that our next concert will be held on Thursday, December 14, at 7:00 p.m. in the Stonepark gym. Grade 7, 8, and 9 Concert Bands and the Jazz Band will perform.